Purpose: Oxford Citizens for Peace and Justice will educate and act locally to organize a citizen’s movement with the sustained political power and understanding to construct a world of peace with social, economic, and environmental justice.
Education and action by Oxford Citizens for Peace and Justice is guided by these principles:
• All people deserve the right to just treatment and equitable treatment within societies, regardless of religion, ethnicity, culture, national origin, language, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or political beliefs.
• Basic human needs, including health & education, are a public responsibility.
• Corporations are not persons. Money is not speech.
• Peace and security is based on economic, environmental, and social justice.
• U.S. foreign policy should be based on non-coercive relationships and respect for the right of self-determination.
• Human rights abuses should be addressed through international cooperation rather than unilateral force.
• All human planning and activity should seek to preserve and restore soil, air, water and the diversity of organisms.
• Democracy requires the individual and collective voices of informed and responsible persons.